In this Section
Future staffing requirements
Further ahead, there will be changes to the UK’s immigration regime. The British Chambers of Commerce is advising the Home Office on this, using feedback from across the UK Chamber Network.
Your business should consider
- What will be your skills and labour needs over the next few years?
- Will you need to hire someone from outside the UK?
- What steps will you need to take to hire them?
- Could different arrangements (remote working) be feasible for your business?
- Consider how your future travel to the EU for the servicing of contracts or other purposes may be affected.
Resources and information
- Check the non-EEA visa requirements for the country you are visiting: www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
- Non-EEA Business visitors to the UK currently require a Standard Visa which involves fees and processing time: www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa
- If you transfer staff between businesses in your group, or run a graduate training scheme, restrictions may apply. Current non-EEA Intra Company Transfers fall under the UK’s Tier 2 sponsorship arrangements, with regulatory and record keeping requirements for employers: www.gov.uk/uk-visa-sponsorship-employers
Serving East Lancashire for over 130 years
The Chamber offers you and your employees a host of unique benefits and much more!