Contact us now for all your importing and exporting questions: or 01254 356454.

Competent authorities in EU countries must provide a health certificate to exporters of animals and animal products to Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales), the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.

The model health certificates cover all of the import requirements for animals and animal products in Great Britain, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.

You must not directly copy the model health certificates provided on GOV.UK. Instead, competent authorities should create their own official documents for use by exporters.

These should include all the information from the model certificates. Certain consignments have been imported using certificates bearing the ‘model certificate only’ watermark that have been downloaded from

If your product is medium risk and no EHC is provided for it on, you may need an import license or authorisation. More detail is available on

In cases where your product is medium risk and an EHC is provided for it on but you are unable to obtain an EHC from an EU competent authority, you should contact

For further information and support, contact your local accredited customs agents on 01254356448 or email

For more news, click here.
Published On: May 1st, 2024