VACANCY: Marketing Executive (Temporary – Maternity Cover)
Do you want to be part of a growing team playing an instrumental role in the East Lancashire business community? To be part of local news and events, building an online voice for an accredited & established not-for-profit company? Are you always brimming with new ideas, ready to take on your next challenge?
East Lancashire Chamber of Commerce are looking to expand the Marketing team, with an exciting new opportunity available for a Marketing Executive (Maternity Cover). This position is temporary, with a view to becoming permanent.
We’re looking for a dynamic individual with a passion for all things social, a flair for the technical & digital, a desire to get involved in local business & communities, and above all, eager to learn & get started.
Due to the extremely diverse nature of our member network, no two days will be the same. You’ll be supporting the Marketing Manager & Marketing Director in providing unrivalled support to each of our members. This could be a leading manufacturing firm, an HR company, local law firms, or even local charities.
You’ll be managing our social media channels, attending events, and building relationships along the way. We’re looking to step up our content delivery, with big ideas for new campaigns, video content, and more.
What you’ll be doing:
- Posting daily content on our social media channels, engaging with members in our online community, building the Chamber brand and becoming ‘the Chamber voice’.
- Designing engaging email campaigns – this could be for upcoming Government schemes, our weekly newsletter, or promoting our own events.
- Updating the company website to keep us current, SEO-fresh and user-friendly.
- Supporting our events team, attending events, creating effective communications for upcoming events & keeping up-to-date with their calendar.
- Analysing our digital campaigns, updating our stats and reporting to the Marketing team.
- Knowledge of creating digital campaigns across a variety of digital platforms
- A good writer and communicator, with strong written and grammatical skills
- Social media savvy- LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Instagram
- Knowledge of WordPress or a similar platform
- Mail Chimp experience – designing engaging email campaigns
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office package
- Knowledge of analytics
- Knowledge in SEO and content optimisation
- Operational experience using content management & CRM systems
- Design skills, e.g. Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Canva
- Social media ad campaign building and management
- Social media management tools such as Hootsuite
- WhatsApp for Business
- Understanding of Adobe creative suite packages and file formats
- Experience in using Eventbrite, Zoom or similar
You’ll receive a flexible working arrangement, an attractive salary package and supportive ‘on the job’ mentoring. We’re open to any extra relevant training you may need – we pride ourselves on our commitment to the personal development of our staff.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com including your current salary and working hours.
CLOSING DATE: 8th December at 11.59pm.