Business Development Manager – Training
Reporting to Training Director
Teamwork has the incredible power to increase productivity, job satisfaction, and even each person’s individual performance.
If you are looking to work with a brilliant high performing team who look forward to coming into work every day and doing a great job, who are happy and thrive on a connected team environment where everyone’s contribution matters greatly then we are the team for you.
The Chamber is a great place to work, and we are looking for that special someone to take our training offering to the next level.
Sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for?
Training Business Development Manager – Job Purpose
To develop, market and sell training programmes and workshops alongside our current portfolio including CIPS and to administer and facilitate training programmes for Chamber members and non-members in the East Lancashire area and beyond.
The role includes developing strong employer relationships and delivering the highest level of customer care and support and wherever possible exceeding our clients’ expectations.
The role requires a high energy, creative and skilled professional whose networking skills sit alongside the requirement to build on current income streams and develop new ones.
You will be expected to be able to present professionally both internally and externally and have the ability to be responsive and available out of normal office hours.
This is a significant role in the Training department of the Chamber and will require an individual who knows the area well and can work to targets and deadlines.
Business Development Manager Responsibilities:
- Directly report to Training Director on all activity and opportunities
- Represent the Chamber of Commerce in a professional and ethical manner
- Work well as an individual but strong team player is essential
- Excellent communication skills & strong work ethic essential
- Contribute to a happy and productive team environment
- Engage with Chamber members, Diamond Ambassadors & Lancashire businesses to establish relationship & rapport and discuss future training requirements in the workplace
- Plan and oversee timely new marketing initiatives and work with our Creative team
- Research local organisations to develop new opportunities
- Increase the value of current customers while attracting new ones
- Find and develop new markets locally, nationally and internationally and improve sales
- Attend relevant networking events, meetings, and industry events.
- Design professional quotes and proposals for clients.
- Be proactive and responsive to clients at all times
- Assess current market trends on training and seek feedback from clients
- Be a positive part of the growth of our Chamber Business Training Academy
- To contribute to and assist in the achievement of the required income and financial budgets of the training department
- Experience in sales, training environments or related fields.
- Strong interpersonal and intrapersonal skills and IT fluency.
- Ability to manage projects and multi-task and achieve KPI’s
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance and be proactive
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com by 17:00 Friday 29 July 2022