Job Description: Membership Recruitment Manager
Reports To: Membership Director (or Chief Executive in their absence)
Primary Role: To recruit new members from across the business spectrum and maintain a net-positive increase in membership numbers and membership income against target.
To engage with existing members to ensure membership retention level targets are achieved.
To generate sponsorship revenue for events and services to ensure the revenue targets of the membership department are achieved.
Primary Responsibilities and Targets:
- Plan and execute member recruitment operations.
- Monitor and report on recruitment activities and the impact of changes on membership income.
- Support membership retention activities and make member business to business connections.
- Achieve annual membership income and sponsorship targets.
- Achieve annual membership retention rates.
- Achieve year on year growth in membership.
- Ensure continued growth of the Diamond Ambassador network.
- Assist in developing and reviewing relevant services for members.
- Work with the Membership Director and the rest of the team to achieve business plan targets approved by the Executive Board.
- Uphold the Chamber’s vision, aims, purpose and objectives and be a good ambassador for the organisation.
- Adopt a highly customer focused approach with members, partners and stakeholders.
- Ensure all activity and engagements logged on CRM system.
- Be a collaborative and supportive colleague within the Chamber.
- Plan and organise activities, appointments, travel and expenses etc to achieve good value for money, minimise running cost and make efficient use of time.
- Allocate personal time carefully in the context of the membership income it will achieve or sustain.
- Actively promote other services offered by the Chamber to increase member’s touch points with the Chamber offer.
- Ensure compliance with all Chamber policies and GDPR regulations.
- Plan and follow up lead generation campaigns in cooperation with marketing team.
- Such other duties as the Membership Director may reasonably direct.
Essential Experience & Skills:
- Proven track record in a sales/business development role with related targets
- Substantial experience/track record in building and maintaining customer relationships and
- business partnerships
- Evidence of achievement of business development targets
- Knowledge and experience of managing project milestones and deliverables
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and customer care skills
- Strong networking & presentation skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills suited to a wide range of audiences
- Solutions oriented approach
- Energy and commitment to achieve defined goals
- Good team player
- Competent in the use of IT systems, in particular Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Competent in the use of CRM systems
- A demonstrable ability to negotiate, persuade and influence others
- Flexible approach to working hours (breakfast and evening events)
- Ability to work on own initiative, manage own time, prioritise and meet tight deadlines
- Self-starter with an ability to innovate
- Calm and professional manner
- Confidential and discreet
- Driving license
Desired Experience & Skills
- Consultation and negotiation skills in a commercial environment
- Strong digital & social media marketing skills
- Creative problem solver
The role will involve some evenings and out of hours responsibilities such as events preparation & support, event hosting/presentations/attendance and break down. Travel will be primarily within the East Lancashire region, but may involve occasional travel to conferences and events outside the region.
East Lancashire Chamber of Commerce operates a 35 hour working week (normally Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:00)
Salary will be dependent on experience. Contributory pension scheme (5%) will be offered. Annual leave entitlement is 25 days holiday per year plus statutory holidays. Expenses covering travel and associated business outlays will be paid each month, in arrears.
To apply, please send your cv and a covering letter to email@example.com including your current salary.