Sales Geek Helping Colleges Sell T Level Benefits to Businesses

Lancashire-based training company Sales Geek is providing training to help Further Education colleges sell the benefits of T Level work placements to local businesses.

Launched by the Department for Education in September 2020, T Levels see students spending 80% of the course in the classroom, learning the skills that employers need. The other 20% is a meaningful industry placement, where students put these skills into action. Equivalent to 3 A levels, T Levels focus on vocational skills and are aimed at helping students into skilled employment, higher study or apprenticeships.

Working with the Lancashire Skills & Employment Hub, Sales Geek is delivering a series of courses to help T Level providers to develop relationships with businesses who might benefit from taking on a part-funded employee as part of the T level placement programme.

Sales Geek Director of Group Sales Jonathan Finch said: “Launching a new qualification for a September 2020 start, in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic, obviously presented many challenges, particularly how to effectively sell these courses in that environment.

“Sales Geek hired to work with business development teams of education establishments offering T Levels.”

“Initially we surveyed and scoped out the challenges the business development teams had and where they needed the most support. We then delivered a series of four courses focussed on foundational sales skills tailored to their need, sector and product – in this case the T Level work placements. The courses have gone very well and we have now been asked to quote to deliver the programme to another 30 people”

Lancashire Skills & Employment Hub Technical Education Project Officer Dominic Martinez said: “Sales Geek proved very responsive to our need to deliver consultative sales training through online live learning sessions. The participants from our partner colleges told us they gained clear benefits from the course, which enhanced their business-to-business skills and we will be happy to recommission Sales Geek in the future.”

Sales Geek is a multi-award-winning sales training company delivering training to clients across the UK. Since March 2020 the company has adapted its entire range of training products to be deliverable remotely.

For further information about Sales Geek, go to

Published On: September 14th, 2020