An excellent opportunity has arisen to play an important support role within the Finance & Policy Department of East Lancashire Chamber of Commerce. This position is an exceptional opportunity for a person who wishes to pursue a varied role within a multifunctional and dynamic organisation.
Job Title: Administration Support Officer
Reporting to: Director – Finance & Policy
Responsible for: Providing effective and comprehensive administrative support to the Finance and Policy Department
Salary: Circa £15,000 per annum
Purpose of Role and Key Responsibilities
- Provide the Finance & Policy Department including the NEA Project Co-ordinator with administrative support
- Maintain computerised and manual systems for recording, storing, monitoring, retrieving information and for producing reports.
- Ensure data systems including the Chamber and NEA CRM systems are up to date and accurate
- Use IT systems to produce high quality documentation
- To be an effective member of the team, with a strong customer service focus, problem solving approach and the ability to build effective relationships
- Be flexible in accordance with the requirements of the business and carry out any other duties as required.
Full on the job training will be provided to the successful applicant. The Chamber of Commerce is committed to continuous professional development through mentoring and guidance.
- Strong administration skills and attention to details
- Methodical and diligent
- Familiar with Microsoft Office suite
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and courteously both verbally and in written form
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions and procedures
- Experience of dealing with a range of customers on the telephone and in person
- Ability to work co-operatively with others and support the whole team
- Willingness to learn
Hours of work; Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Holiday allowance; 5 weeks pa plus bank holidays
Applications should consist of a CV and covering letter and be submitted to Louise Gaskell by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to East Lancashire Chamber of Commerce, Red Rose Court, Clayton Business Park, Accrington, Lancashire, BB5 5JR
Closing Date: Friday 31 January 2020