Import goods from outside the EU: step by step guide
Bringing goods into the UK from outside the EU, including how much tax and duty you’ll need to pay and whether you need to get a licence or special documentation can be daunting.
This simplified step-by-step guide will help you check if you need to follow this process for importing. View the article here.
- Fact 1: Did you know goods purchased and shipped from the EU to the UK are known as ACQUISITIONS?
- Fact 2: Did you know goods purchased and shipped from outside the EU to the UK are known as IMPORTS?
- Fact 3: When the UK leaves the EU, all goods purchased and shipped from the EU to the UK will become IMPORTS – Therefore changes are imminent.
Did you know East Lancashire Chamber of Commerce can help your understanding of the importing process and what licenses to use? We are your local Customs Broker.
Here at the East Lancashire Chamber of Commerce we have five dedicated and experienced customs agents who will act on your behalf and submit your electronic customs declarations, allowing your goods to reach their destination smoothly and efficiently, or fully cleared into the UK.
Contact one of our experienced Customs Agents today on 01254 356 400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
There are a variety of tailored courses and events available for businesses including:
- Importing Basics
- Practical Importing
- Customs Intermediary Training – HMRC approved
- HMRC Authorised Economic Operator Seminar
- Understanding your Commodity Codes and why they are important
For more information on any of these courses please contact Nicola Trippier on 01254 356 450 or email email@example.com