In 2017 a 15 year old girl from Lancashire, Megan Lee, passed away as a result of suffering an allergic reaction to a takeaway meal. In response to this tragedy, Lancashire Trading Standards service have developed;
- ‘A Day in the Life of Chloe’ – educational resources to increase awareness of food allergy as a serious and growing health issue and help educate young people about the potentially life-threatening nature of the disease. https://www.lancashire.gov.uk/consumer-advice/allergy/
- Resources and information specifically designed to be used with food businesses. ‘Megan’s Story’ has been produced with Megan’s parents, Adam and Gemma Lee, who want to turn their tragic situation into something positive.