We believe in British made products. That’s the powerful message delivered by Latin American Trade and Investment Association Chair Ricardo Carioni to a packed room comprising the best of Lancashire businesses at the International Business Expo Doing Business in Latin America event on the 1st February.
View the photos from our event here.
Joining Ricardo Carioni in the impressive international line up of speakers were Dave Springsteen who is Chair of HLB International, a worldwide network of accounting firms and advisors who flew in from the States to present alongside Celeste Boucinhas CEO of the Boucinhas Group and her business partner Carlos Gonçalves who jetted in from their Brazilian based headquarters. This high-profile team confirmed that the UK has enjoyed a trade surplus with South America since 2011 with British investments in Brazil doubling since 2016.
Hosted and organised by the International Business Department of the East Lancashire Chamber of Commerce in conjunction with Beever and Struthers chartered accountants and business advisors. These twice yearly International Business Expos are now firmly embedded in the rapidly expanding portfolio of events and attract Lancashire’s leading businesses.
Commenting on the event Javier Soria De Vicente, International Sales Manager, of award winning exporter What More UK Ltd said: Very helpful event. It helped me in seeing new routes to investigate how to do business in Latin America and consider other routes and markets more suitable for my organisation than just the obvious ones.
Full list of presentations can be viewed below:-
- Latin America a market overview: Ricardo Carioni, Chair, Latin American Trade & Investment Association
- Setting up a Business in Latin America: Dave Springsteen, Chairman, HLB International and Celeste Boucinhas, CEO, Boucinhas Group
- Etiquette and Culture: Jeff Carr, Director, TW Languages Ltd
- Plane Sailing Logistics: Simon Booth, Supply Chain Sales Manager, DSV Air & Sea Ltd
- Effectively Exploiting the Latin America Market Place: Ricardo Carioni, Chair, Latin American Trade & Investment Association
- Export Currency Matters: John Sawyer, Financial Advisor, Moneycorp
Mandy Lockett, International Business Director at East Lancashire Chamber of Commerce added: Growing businesses internationally is a real focal point of the Chamber and being able to bring this wealth of knowledgeable and experienced speakers to Accrington, on your doorstep, is what the Chamber is here for. It’s fantastic to see so many businesses looking at the opportunities that Latin America can offer.
This event was made possible by the sponsorship and support of the ERDF Enhancing SME’s International Trade Performance Support Programme. For further information on the funding available, please click here.
Future events include:-
- International Trade Club Breakfast Meeting – 22nd February 2018
- Protecting Your Intellectual Property – 22 March 2018
- Doing Business in South East Asia – 6th September 2018
Plus many more….
To book on or enquire about any of these events please email Stephanie Warrington on 01254 356473 or [email protected]