600 million consumers want your business!
With a larger population than the European Union, Latin America consists of 19 sovereign states plus territories and dependencies that stretch from the northern border of Mexico to the southern tip of South America. Several countries including Chile and Mexico offer preferential trading terms for British businesses.
Come and learn how you can get a head of the competition with our exciting line up of expert speakers offering their inside knowledge into not just how best to gain market access but also how to effectively exploit one of the most exciting but challenging global markets. Our experts will be on hand for informal discussions afterwards and you are invited to visit our comprehensive range of exhibitors in addition to networking and sharing best practice with leading Lancashire businesses. By attending this event, you should have a better understanding of how to transact with tenacity in this varied and longstanding UK trading region.
- 09:00 Delegate arrival, refreshments and networking
- 09:30 Welcome, Mandy Lockett, International Business Director
- 09:40 Latin America a market overview,
- 10:00 Doing Business in Latin America Our Story, case study, British Velvets
- 10:20 Effectively Exploiting the Latin America Market Place, Latin American Trade & Investment Partnership
- 10:40 Etiquette and Culture
- 11:00 Refreshment break and opportunity to visit exhibitor stands
- 11:20 Plane Sailing Logistics
- 11:40 Setting up a Business in Latin America
- 12:00 International Insurance Issues
- 12:20 Export Currency Matters, John Sawyer, Financial Advisor, Moneycorp
- 12:40 ERDF Funding Opportunities, Stef Heywood, International Trade Advisor
- 12:50 Closing Remarks, Mandy Lockett, International Business Director, East Lancs Chamber of Commerce
- 13:00 Lunch, chance to view stands & have individual meetings with the speakers
- 14:30 Event Closes
East Lancashire Chamber of Commerce, Red Rose Court, Clayton Business Park, Accrington, BB5 5JR
Our events are regularly over-subscribed therefore please register your interest as soon as possible. If you have been successful you will receive a confirmation email prior to the event. Please contact Stephanie Warrington on 01254 356473 or [email protected]