As an accredited Chamber in the UK we offer a range of export training courses accredited by the British Chambers of Commerce. The Foundation Award in International Trade equips businesses with a highly skilled workforce ready to take on international markets. This qualification has been developed in response to the government’s focus on the need to grow the number of UK exporters. These courses are mapped to Level 2 NVQ and provide invaluable skills for small and large companies alike.
Jimmy Cash, Manufacturing Manager at Burnley-based LITE Ltd recognised the opportunities offered by the Award.
Jimmy told us “Before I started the Foundation Award I had very little knowledge of exporting. The courses have really helped me develop the knowledge and understanding of exporting. I left every class feeling more confident about dealing with exporting jobs. I would recommend any of the courses for both beginners and people that have been dealing in export for a while.”
The company’s overseas expansion plans included a lighting project in Sun City South Africa.
The South Africans were impressed and selected the MaxiLED range of lighting solutions, because of its IP68 rating, rugged design and durability.
The team has deep project experience, technical expertise, intellectual property that is the foundation of the MaxiLED portfolio of products for façade lighting, bridges and boardwalks, in-ground and catenary lighting applications.
Jimmy added “Thanks to our success this project and drawing on what we learned through the Foundation Award. We now have partners in Australia / New Zealand / Singapore / India / Middle East / Scandinavia / Europe / South Africa / Eire and North America.”
INTERNATIONAL TRADE COURSES
- Importing Basics – 10 OCT 2017, 9.30am – 12.30pm*
- Practical Importing – 17 OCT, 9.30am – 4.30pm*
- Trade Preference & Agreements – 18 OCT, 9.30am – 12.30pm*
- Practical Exporting – 19 OCT, 9.30am – 4.30pm*
- Overseas Payments – 24 OCT, 9.30am – 4.30pm*
- Completing Export Documentation – 26 OCT, 9.30am – 12.30pm
- Dealing with Agents & Distributors – 26 OCT, 9.30am – 12.30pm*
- Exporting Basics – 31 OCT, 9.30am – 12.30pm*
- Grow Your Exports – 07 NOV, 9.30am – 12.30pm
- Finding International Customers – 08 NOV, 9.30am – 12.30pm
- Selling Tips & Negotiating Skills – 09 NOV, 9.30am – 12.30pm
- Online Export Documentation – 16 NOV, 9.30am – 12.30pm
- Incoterms 2010 Rules – 25th Oct 2017, 9.30am – 12.30pm
*Qualifies towards the Foundation Award in International Trade
Whether you are importing or exporting, new or experienced in international trade we have a range of courses carefully designed to support your international growth plans.
In house and bespoke courses available on request. For further details contact Stephanie Warrington at [email protected] / 01254 356473
To view the international trade pages of the Business Life magazine click here
For a complimentary copy of the Business Life magazine please contact Stephanie Warrington on 01254 356473 or [email protected]