The UAE Food and Drink sector is currently valued at £4.89 billion with an annual growth rate of 8%, predicted between 2013 and 2016. The growing tourism industry is positive for the sector, as the UAE hosted approximately 12 million tourists in 2014, with plans to increase hotel room capacity to add almost 25,000 rooms within the coming years.
Limited ‘home grown’ food resources in the UAE have contributed significantly to the country’s potential, as a viable market for the Food and Drink sector. The UAE currently imports an estimated 85% of its food and beverage.
The British Centre for Business is currently developing a detailed UAE food & drink report highlighting opportunities for UK companies to tap into in the UAE food & drink sector.
A sample report can be viewed here. The following have been included in the report:
- About the UAE
- Overview of the UAE F&D sector
- Information on opportunities in the UAE F&D sector
- Information on the UAE halal industry
- Information on the UAE F&D sector trends
- Statistics and import & export figures of UK-UAE F&D trade over the past few years
- Information on the UAE F&D retail sector and key UAE F&D retailers
- Names of key UAE F&D distributors, food service distributors and hotels
- Information on various routes to market entry
- Regulatory requirements for exporting to the UAE
- Basic considerations for exporters to the UAE
If you are interested in receiving information about this cost-effective report, please contact Stephanie Warrington at [email protected] or 01254 356473